Thursday, September 8, 2011

Houston's Arrival

What a very emotional week my family and I have had. Houston arrived Saturday Sept. 3rd, 2011 at 2:50am at 26 weeks and 5 days. Weighing in at 2lbs 7oz and 15 1/4 inches long. Here is our story of Houston's arrival.

Friday Sept. 2nd was like any other Friday. I was feeling great, Landon and I went to eat lunch and did just a little shopping in Murfreesboro. After lunch we came home took naps and waited on Jason to get home. When Jason arrived home Friday night about 6pm we all went back out to Murfreesboro to eat dinner and look for a rug and football items. At this point I was still feeling good, rested and no pain or signs of pre-term labor. We arrived home about 8pm got Landon is bath and down for bed. Jason and I layed on the couch till about 11:30pm. At this point we both were ready to go to bed and layed down around midnight. At 12:15am (I had not even fallen asleep yet) I started feeling contractions, but only in my lower abdomen and they did not hurt. Well after about 10 mins of me lying there and them not going away I woke up Jason to time them. They were coming every few minutes and lasted about a minute apart. We called the doctor and then called my mom to come over to stay with Landon. At this point we were getting dressed and going to the hospital because they were getting stronger and hurting. I don't even know what time we arrived at the hospital, because at this point time was a blur. I would say around 12:45 or 1am. Checked into the ER and I was wheeled up to the maternity ward. At this point I was in horrible pain, shouting, screaming labor pain. The nurse asked if I could give a urine sample so in between contractions I got up from the wheelchair and sat on the toilet. As soon as I sat down I felt like I had to push. Push something out, I didn't know what, but just push. What I thought I was pushing pee out, my water broke right into the toilet. The nurse immediately got me to the bed and checked me and I was already 4cm dilated. My OB was on call that night and was already on his way to the hospital. I was pushed into the labor and delivery room where they continued to check for Houston's heart rate. They were having a hard time finding his heart rate and when they did it kept going down, which means he was in distress. So they prepped me for an emergency c-section. There was no time for an epidural so I was given a local anesthesia basically to knock me out. Jason was not allowed back in the operating room with me so I was alone and scared to death for my baby and myself. When I woke up I was back in the labor and delivery room and in more pain that I ever thought possible, emotionally and physically. Houston was born at 2:50am and ambulanced to Centennial Medical Center where they are equipped with a NICU. The same place Landon spent the first 15 days of his life. As I am typing this I am crying my eyes out. Just re-living this moment and what just happened to us only 5 days ago and the road we have ahead of us with a very premie baby.

I still cant believe this has happpened to us. I am trying to be strong for Landon, Jason and Houston, but just emotionlly and physically I am breaking down. I am going to use this blog as my outlet to express my emotions and feelings for the weeks and months to come.

I know our plans are always not God's plans and I have to believe that there is a reason he took my baby out of me so early. I am blessed to have a healthy husband and son as well as a preemie baby who is doing AMAZING since he was born.

It was hard to turn off my weekly emails I receive about what week of pregnancy I am and what's my baby doing. It's hard to see my friends who are pregnant right now go on to have healthy pregnancy's and carry full-term babies. It's hard for me to wrap my mind around why a 29 year old healthy woman can not carry a full-term baby. I have so many what if's and why me questions?

I have to go on and say that Jason has been AMAZING through this process and couping with our "new" normal. Landon is doing AWESOME and understands that Houston is not in mommy's tummy and in the hospital. Our family, friends, church family and commuity has been AMAZING and praying for us, bringing us food and watching Landon for us while Jason and I are in the hospital.

Tomorrow I will start blogging his progress from day 1 up to today and more pictures of our miracle baby that we LOVE so much.


Sept. 8th; 5 days old; Holding Houston for the first time

3 comments:

  1. Will continue to lift you all up! I am haunted and amazed by Houston's story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture. You look really good and Houston fits so perfectly in your arms. I am sorry for all you have had to go through but like you said, its hard to know God's plan sometimes. We are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up! I'm glad to see that Houston is happy and healthy in your current blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete