Sunday, October 14, 2012

Murfreesboro Middle Half Marathon 2012

Yesterday morning bright and early like 4:30 am early I woke up to run my first half marathon in our neighboring city Murfreesboro, Tn.

I pinned on my bib
Ate my breakfast
And picked up my friend Suzanne at 5:30 and headed down to the start line
My running group before the race started in our matching shirts
Suzanne, Stacee and I
All the runners at the start line. There were 2,600 runners yesterday
Suzanne and I about mile 4 or 5 and feeling good at this point
She stayed with me the whole time and it was such a great experience to be able to run with her. She defiantly keep me motivated and I could have not done it without her.
The finish line and trying to sprint to the end


We made it

Right after we crossed the finish line and trying to catch our breath
Just completed 13.1 miles and received my medal


This was a great race. The weather was awesome, the people were terrific and the course was fast, flat and fun. I will defiantly run it again next year. I finished in 2 hr and 47 mins. I really wanted to be at 2:30 to 2:45, but I finished and that's all that matters. The girls and I are planning on doing our next half marathon in April 2013.

Suzanne gave me this magnet for my car and you better believe it's already on there



1 comment:

  1. You are so AWESOME! Congrats on your first half, can't wait to see you do more!

    ReplyDelete