Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pensacola Beach

The boys and I are back from our Florida trip. We had a really good time, but we really missed Jason and was glad to see him Wednesday night.

We finally made it to Pensacola Beach, FL
Let me tell you, taking two small children to the beach is A LOT of work
But there were good moments

Houston just napped most of the time. Like our set up on the beach?
My dad and his wife live in Pensacola so we went to visit them. They watched the boys for me and I was able to get a few hours on the beach all by myself. I really didn't know what to do. I felt like I needed to watch someones kids, build a sandcastle or put sunscreen on someone.

On Monday my mom flew in to visit the boys and I and we stayed on the beach at Jimmy Buffets Margaritaville Hotel. It was SO nice. This is the pool.
Tropical Storm Debby came in on Monday and made the day very cloudy and windy. We never had rain and by Tuesday morning the storm moved out and was beautiful


Mom and Landon with his 4 year old attitude
We ate at several local beach restaurants
It's tough being 9 months old
Our last day was gorgeous and the pool was wonderful
Rest time

This kid can take a nap anywhere. He fell asleep with his teething ring in his mouth
And no Florida vacation is complete without the stop at the Peach Park restaurant

I really wanted to get a few beach pictures of the boys and I, but it just didn't happen. I don't think I even put makeup on the whole 6 days we were there. I was just to busy with the boys and if one was happy the other was not and vice versa. Just wasn't in the cards for us to take a family picture. O well that's life with small children.

My mom, the boys and I packed up the car and drove home ALL day Wednesday. It was fun, a lot of work and some slight attitude from a certain 4 year old. There really is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment