Sunday, June 10, 2012

Race for One Less

Yesterday I ran/walked in a 5 mile race for the Race for One Less Ministry here in middle Tennessee. Race for One Less is a ministry that helps ONE less orphan and ONE less victim of human trafficking. The race proceeds will help restore a home for human trafficking victims in Middle TN, provide adoption grants, and support a safe house in SE Asia for women rescued from the sex trade. Not only was it FUN, but I raced for a very good cause.

The race started at 7am and I had to be there at 6:30am. Here I am at about 6:15am
I accidentally left my 839 number at home so when I arrived to the race I had to get another one, #977.
Some girlfriends of mine before the race
This was about mile 3
Three miles was on pavement and the other 2 miles was on a gravel road and through some corn fields. :)
I finished 
Here is my official time. Not that I was trying to win, I was just trying to finish. haha
I came in 128 place (haha) and my time was 1 hr 7sec.
I have a half marathon in October so this race was a good start to my training



No comments:

Post a Comment