Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Break 2012

Landon, Houston and I have been on Spring Break this week. The weather has been pretty nice so we have been doing a lot of this at night

And just relaxing while watching the kids play. We spend a lot of time in our front yard during the spring and summer months. We live in the perfect culvasac where all the neighborhood kids and parents come out to ride bikes, skate or bring their gators. We also cook out in the front yard. We do it redneck style and bring out the grill in the driveway and have tables of food. ;o)
We also did a lot of this during spring break
and a little bit of morning cartoons. I loved not having to get up early this week and start getting myself showered and dressed, make breakfast, clean up breakfast, make lunches, pack back packs, feed the dogs, empty the dishwasher, etc.. in the mornings. We just got up, watched cartoons and ate.
Since we did not go anywhere Jason and I did a few house projects. I painted our front door.

This is the before
This is the after
It was a burgundy color that I painted 5 years ago. This time I wanted something more exciting and vibrate that would stand out. We bought a new storm door for this front door and a new back patio sliding door that needed to be replaced. Those should be installed this week.
We also changed a few interior door hinges throughout the house.

My fabulous husband painted our front porch banister. We have A LOT of banisters around our house. He had to sand the wood, caulk, prime and then paint. He put a lot of hard work into it and several days. It looks fantastic doesn't it?

This is my sad front porch. Needs some spice doesn't it? I just sold our wicker rocker on craigslist. The chair and table are next. I have been looking for black iron, wicker or something with red cushions to match the front door and I'm thinking an outdoor rug maybe? Anyone have any ideas?
Well that about sums up our spring break 2012. I know we live exciting lives.
As much as I have enjoyed being home with my boys I am ready to get back on our normal routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment