Friday, October 14, 2011

Remembering Maddie

I have been following this blog for several months now, http://kandjstaats.blogspot.com/. Their daughter died of SIDS in February and today would have been her 1st birthday. My heart goes out to her parents and I just cant imagine what they are going through. So in honor of Maddie, her mother asked her followers to wear pink on her 1st birthday. So today I wore my pink and prayed for Maddie and her family.

I pray for all the mom's out there who have sick children or children who have passed away. A parent should NEVER have to bury their child. Her story has helped me be a better mom and not take our children, our loved ones or ourselves for granted. As a mother who has a child currently in the hospital, I am so grateful and thank God everyday that he is here with us, healthy and thriving and will come home in just a few short weeks. Thanks Maddie for being our children's guardian angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment