Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Prayer Request

I have a special prayer request. I'm finding it hard to believe that I am even having to write about this request. I had a childhood friend, Brooke, suddenly pass away while on a college school trip to Rome and Greece. She passed in Greece 3 days before she was to return home. She was my first friend at the young age of 5 years old. I will never forget that day 25 years ago, when she walked to the home my parents were building at the time and introduced herself. She was my new neighbor and a life long friend. After being neighbors for 10 years we lost contact when my parents and I moved to a different city. A few years ago through the power of the Internet and FB we found each other again and started to catch up with each others lives. Two years ago her and her family came through Nashville, after not seeing each other for 12 years and had lunch together.


April 2009

When I heard the news I immediately called Brooke's mom to see if what I was reading was true. She just posted on FB about how excited she was to leave for Rome and Greece. When her mom answered I just started to cry uncontrollably. I was just in shock and disbelief that this happened to someone I know and all the way in another country. Brooke's mom was on a plane to Greece in less than 24 hours. I know she arrived to Greece safely, but that's all the info I have at the time.

I have attached a link to Brooke's obituary
Brooke's Obituary
 As soon as they make funeral arrangements I will be traveling to Chattanooga to attend something I never thought possible.

Please keep Brooke's family and friend in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. And for her mother who traveled to Greece to bring her daughter home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is awful :( I'm so sorry...I'll be praying for you and her family during this time. I can't imagine...Becky Branch

    ReplyDelete