Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Summer Home Projects

Since I am off work for 9 weeks during the summer I try to work on some home projects.

I bought this letter W on an etsy site, added the burlap and hung on my front door


For the last 8 weeks I have been re decorating our master bedroom. We hired someone to paint it for us back in April and from there I have been adding curtains, new lamps, bedspread, etc...

I have been looking at lamps and the ones I really like are just to pricey for me. So I just painted the lamps we received as a wedding gift 8 years ago and changed out the lamp shade. The lamp shades were $10 each and $8 can of spray paint. 

Lamp before
 Painted lamp with new shade
I took down this old builders grade mirror in our guest bathroom

I have patched, sanded and painted the wall. I hope to get our new mirror up this weekend. I finally found one I LOVED at Kirkland's on sale and I had a $10 off coupon. Love a good deal!
The last item I wanted for our new master room was new pillows on our bed. I already had the pillows so I have a good friend sew material over my old pillows
I have no idea how to arrange pillows. I really want the letter's to show so I'm still working on this arrangement.
So those are my summer projects for now. I cant wait to get my mirror hung up this weekend.

Are you doing any summer home projects?



No comments:

Post a Comment