Wednesday, August 1, 2012

16 years of friendship and turning 30

My best friend for 16 years turned 30 this week and also officially became an OB/GYN this month. Jason and I went to Chattanooga last weekend for her surprise 30TH birthday party. Alicia and I meet in 1996 as freshmen in high school when we both ran for track. I really don't remember the exact moment we meet, but ever since that track season we have been friends ever since. A lot has happen to us in the last 16 years and lots of life changes. Several graduations from high school and colleges, moving to different cities, marriage, kids and Alicia becoming an official OB/GYN doctor of medicine this year.

High school days

Senior Year
Senior Parade

Junior year of high school
We also played soccer for 4 years together


We were each others maid of honors at our weddings
Celebrated bridal showers and baby showers together
We have stayed friends through thick and thin
Myself, Shannon and Alicia. Shannon and I went to middle school together. We have known each other for at least 18 years

At Alicia's 30th birthday party in Chattanooga. Emily, Alicia and I. Emily was also one of my bridesmaids in my wedding and I was one in hers. Jason and I introduced her and her husband Jaye to each other about 9 years ago. They just had a baby girl on April 9th, my wedding anniversary. Weird huh?
Old friends from middle and high school
Happy 30th birthday Alicia and congrats on officially becoming a OB/GYN doctor of medicine
Love ya girl

No comments:

Post a Comment