Friday, July 16, 2010

2 year wellness visit

Today we visited Landon's doctor for his 2 year old wellness exam.

Landon here are your stats:

You weigh 29.5 lbs (75%) and are 39.5 inches tall (55%)
You wear a size 4 diaper, size 2T clothes and 7 or 8 shoe size


You are averaging a two hour nap everyday
You sleep from 7:30pm to 7:00am and rarely wake up in middle of the night

Your vocabulary has dramatically improved in the last two months. You just said your 1st sentence " I see you" and now you say "I want my daddy", "I want my mommy" and "I want my boo". Your new words are "ZoZo" (for Zoey our dog), cheese, papa, baby. You know so many other's, but I will not type them all out.



When we ask you how old you are you say "I two"

You know pretty much all your body parts

You are following directions very well. I ask you to put the paper in the trash and you do it, go get your shoes and you bring them to me, clean up your toys, etc...

You are a great eater and pretty much eats anything that is in front of your face. You really LOVE dairy. Cheese and yogurts especially.

When were driving down the road and you see mommy's car you point to it and say "Mommy". You don't miss the first one and I didn't realize how many Nissan Altima's are on the road. You started to do the same thing when you see a car like your Papa's. Recognizing your objects has improved.



We have started potty training this summer. You tell me when you have a "pee pee" diaper or a "shu wee" diaper after you have done it, but not before. You always say "I have to pee" so we go to the potty, but you have not gone in the potty yet. Pull-ups are coming soon.

You still take a boo everyday, but we are trying to slowing take it away.

We are having some trouble with hitting, biting and throwing things. We talked to your doctor about this and what are the best ways to handle it when you do it. He gave us some really good advice and a few books to read. So we are going to work on that. He also said that it's part of being 2 years old and a BOY!

We started swim lessons this week and you jumped into the pool without me holding your hands. You will be swimming by yourself next week I know it.

You LOVE to play in our car's and pretend to drive. You have also learned how to put the key in the ignition. O my word!!



You are not scared of anything and love to try new things.

You have grown so much since your last visit to the doctor. Your doctor commented on how healthy and smart you are. You are right on track with your growth. This always makes mommy and daddy feel good about our parenting and knowing we are raising you well.



We cant believe you are 2 years old. You are growing before our very eyes. We love you very much. You are the light of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment