Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Labor Day Running

On Labor Day about 100 members of my running club, including myself ran in the Franklin Classic in Franklin, Tn. There were several distances to choose from. There was a 10K (6.2 miles), 5K (3.1 miles) and a kids fun run that was 1 mile. My running schedule called for 9 miles as my long run that last week, so I ran both the 10k and the 5k.

One of my running buddies, Dena and I after the 10k and waiting on the 5k to start
I paced my friend Angela in the 10K, which was great because she wanted to go a little slower and I didn't want to push myself since I had to run 3 more miles right after this 6.2. We finished in 1:08
My running club before the race
Group post race
As if running in the race wasn't enough excitement, guess who was also running? Nicole Kidman. Yep there she was right beside me running in the 1 mile run with her daughter. Not sure why she felt like she had to wear all this black running gear on such a hot day, but who cares shes Nicole Kidman. I'm thinking it was to protect her fair skin, maybe she had a event coming up and she could not get burned or tan lines. Who knows.
As if Nicole was not enough she also brought along her handsome hubby, Keith Urban and his buddy Dierks Bentley. I have lived in Nashville since 2004 and have never seen a celebrity until this day and a running event at all places. 

It was a great day and a fun race that I will defiantly be running next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment