Sunday, May 5, 2013

Relay Rutherford 2013

Yesterday I had the privilege to run in my first relay race with 4 other AMAZING runners and friends.
The race started in Eagleville, Tn and ended 53 miles away in Smyrna, Tn. It was one of the best times I have ever had.

Our team name was 8 Boobs and a Dude, haha. 
There are 5 runners on a team that have to complete 18 legs that equal 53 miles
There were about 6 teams from my running club that participated. 

It rained the whole day and when I mean rained like 100% ALL day. I think I changed clothes, socks and shoes about 4 times.

This was another team from our club, TuTu much
Crystal running her 1st leg in down pour rain
Waiting on our runners
I ran 3 legs with a total of 10 miles. This was after my last 4 mile leg, that was mostly uphill and all in rain
We started at 7:15 am in Eagleville and ended at 3:19 pm in Smyrna. About 10 to 15 minutes ahead of our projected finish time. Seriously these people are AMAZING
My first medal made of wood. I think its time to invest in a medal holder.

Rain and all it was an amazing experience and I cant wait to do it all over again next year. 


 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome!! Wish I liked running! I need to get motivated and get moving!
    Btw, I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Wahoo! I really like your blog so I thought I'd pass the award on to you! Check out my blog to see what it is all about! :)

    ReplyDelete