Monday, July 18, 2011

20 weeks; Half way there

Today I am 20 weeks pregnant and half way to meeting Houston. I cant believe we are 20 wks, just seems like yesterday I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks. This pregnancy is going way faster than I expected. I'm sure raising a 3 year old has something to do with it. ;o)
I am feeling very good at this point. I have been taking naps when Landon naps during the afternoon. That is about to change when we go back to school in 2 weeks so I am taking advantage of my time off to rest when I can.
About two weeks ago I started weekly ultrasounds. At 19 weeks with Landon my doctor found pre-term contractions which irritated my cervix to cause it to shorten and thin out, basically preparing it for labor. I was put on medications and bed rest up until I gave birth to Landon at 33 weeks. Since I had those complications with my first pregnancy my doctor wants to keep a close eye on me every week for the next few weeks to monitor my cervix and make sure I am not having contractions. The last two weeks I have had no signs of contractions and my cervix has been 3.5mm and closed. A 3.0mm cervix length and above is average, if a cervix is under 3.0mm its something to worry with. I was 2.5mm with Landon at 19 weeks. So far so good and things could not be going better. I go this Wednesday to check things out again. Although going to the hospital every week and trying to find a sitter for Landon can be difficult, I want to make sure Houston stays in there as long as possible and I get to see his sweet face every week.
I am in all maternity clothes at this point and some of my elastic workout pants. I have no idea how much I have gained and I really don't want to know. Not going to get to hung up on weight this time around.
Sleep is ok. With Landon waking up in the middle of the night and my 6 times a night potty break I get a few hours here and there.
Going back to work in 2 weeks. I cant wait to see my sweet kids and my co-workers, but I'm going to miss my daily naps. haha. I'm sure my kids will have questions at why I have a large and in charge belly.
Have a great week!!

Landon's birthday party post coming this week

No comments:

Post a Comment