Saturday, March 12, 2011

Paintings and sad news day

The last few months I have been transitioning Landon's nursery to more of an age appropriate big boy room. I bought him a new chest of drawers, book shelf, mattress, lamp and bedding. All I felt like I needed to complete his room was a few pieces of art work. I found a local girl who is a very talented artist and paints very cute pieces for kids. She actually paints on wood instead of canvas. I just emailed her a picture of his bedding and she painted the cars, trucks, airplanes, etc on the bedding to the exact tee. I am so happy with the outcome.


8x8"'s sitting on L's chest of drawers
















18x24" of his three favorite types of transportation. Police car, tractor and airplane with his name














Waiting on daddy to hang over his bookshelf















On another note:
Friday was a horrible news day wasnt it? I am still watching all the videos and photos from the tragic earthquake and tsunami in Japan. I just cant imagine what they are going through and my heart and prayers go out to everyone who is affected by all the devastation in that region.
Also on friday afternoon a small engine plane crashed in the field right beside our church and about 3 miles from our home. All three people including the pilot were instantly killed. They took off at our towns airport and was in the air for about 2-3 mins before they crashed into the field. The news said they had engine trouble. The small field was right in the middle of our church, a grocery store, high school and homes. I am sadden that they crashed, but I am relived the pilot had a field to land in and not harm anyone on the ground. I am praying for the families of the victims and hope they can get answers quickly.

1 comment:

  1. just catching up on blog reading. Hearing about plane crashes makes me so so sad. Todd and I want our own place but hearing these stories about break my heart. I feel so sad for the families involved :(

    ReplyDelete