Thursday, September 16, 2010

Crayon Melting

Like all kids, Landon has LOTS of broken crayons that were not being used. Several years ago I heard of the idea of melting your old crayons to make new ones.

First you have to take all the paper off every crayon. This was the hardest part of the process and place them in an old muffin tin. Be sure to spray the muffin cup with non-stick cooking spray before you put the broken crayons in the cup

(please excuse the really OLD and nasty muffin tin. This tin is older than me and has not been used in years. I pulled it out just for this occasion)

Next you heat your oven to 275 degrees. Place the crayons in the oven for 7-8 minutes till melted. I used a toothpick to stir the melted crayon to give it that swirl look


Lastly, let them cool and pop them out of the tin


and there you go!! Just call me Martha Stewart HAHA ;o

Happy coloring

1 comment:

  1. I had a friend that used to make shapes out old crayons and give them as party favors at her kid's bday. Never knew how she did it though!

    ReplyDelete