Friday, October 4, 2013

Nashville Women's Half Marathon

This past Saturday several ladies from my running club along with myself ran the 13.1 miles through HILLY downtown Nashville. The weather was perfect for running that distance and the company along the course was great.

The day before was HYDRATE HYDRATE HYDRATE
All the ladies before the race
My good friend Suzanne was able to get a bib into the race 24 hours before. She decided to do the run with me. She did not train so we just did a fun run for the whole 13.1

All the women at the starting line. There were probably several more thousands of ladies behind me.
Suzanne and I had a great time on this course. We stopped at all the water stops, walked the hills and stopped at mile 10 for this picture
Running past the capital at mile 11 or 12
Were finished!!
Showing off our race bling and enjoying the champagne at the finish line
Hands down the best medal I have ever received. A must race for next year. 

My next half marathon is next weekend, Oct. 12 in Murfreesboro. Two half marathons within 2 weeks of each other. Bring it on!! ;o)



No comments:

Post a Comment