Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tom King Half Marathon

This morning I woke up bright and early at 5:15 a.m. to be ready to run in my 3rd half marathon (13.1 miles) at 7:30 a.m. The weather was perfect for runners and the course was fast, flat and fun.

A runner's breakfast
Timing chip on
Bib number
The girls and I before the race inside the Titans Stadium in downtown Nashville
Our running group right before the start. We had runners in the 5K race and the half marathon 
Stacee and I finishing up the race. The finish line was inside the Titans stadium on LP field. The last .10 of the race was on the green grass

                                     
Sprinting to the end
At the finish line on the jumbo tron tv
Crossing the finish line
 The finish line inside the stadium
Stacee paced me the entire race and hung in there with me the whole 13.1 miles. She was my rock the entire way. Here we are outside the stadium with our medals
Nothing like a little Cracker Barrel for a post race meal

My official time was 2 hours 24 minutes. I knocked off 4 minutes from my previous half marathon last month at 2:28. My next half is April 20 in Carmel, IN. I hope to be in the time of 2:20 or below. 

I'm feeling good tonight and SO ready for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment