Saturday, September 22, 2012

Nashville Women's Half Marathon

This morning several of my friends woke up bright at early like 5:30am early on a Saturday to run the Nashville Women's Half Marathon. It was such a beautiful day to run 13.1 miles.

I had several good friends run the race this morning. Suzanne, one of my running buddies ran a great race and finished her first half marathon. This is the group of girls including myself who ran the last 3 miles with her. We met Suzanne at mile 10 and jumped right in the race to finish off with her and give her some encouragement. 
The atmosphere and energy there was awesome. Even though I didn't run the full half marathon, I still had a blast cheering on my friend and running the last few miles with her. 

 I heard there was about 5,000 women running this morning 

 Suzanne and Tammy at the finish line
Congrats to all my friends who completed the half marathon this morning. I am so proud of you all.

My first half marathon is in 3 weeks. ;o)
I'm running my longest run tomorrow morning, 9 miles before church. I hope I am able to even walk tomorrow. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment